Youth and young professionals can play leadership roles in educating, preparing and recovering from disasters.
The Canadian Youth Disaster Risk Education, Action, & Mobilization (DREAM) Council is a joint initiative of the Canadian Risks and Hazards Network, Crisis Resilience Alliance, Educonnexion, and University partners.
If you are interested in becoming an affirming partner, a university representative or would like to learn more please email: email@example.com
DREAM Council will seek to achieve the following objectives:
- Build partnerships to enhance, increase, and implement engagement of youth in disaster prevention programs;
- Enable future generation of emergency mangers and disaster prevention specialists across Canada;
- Provide recommendations to partners on increasing disaster resilience from the newly established Youth Disaster Risk Reduction Advisory Council;
- Connect and enable youth leadership within their communities and nationally;
- Increase school and university preparedness.
- Build volunteer capacity and connections among youth, young professionals and communities.